Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Vacuum Dress

I don't know if this will even work, but here it is anyway...


I had some leftover clear heat shrink tubing and some adhesive backed neoprene rubber left over from my PVC roller attempt so I cut some strips of the clear tubing and made a dress for the Bosch Laminate Router attachment.  It is just held in place by the adhesive on the rubber strips.




I won't know how this works yet because I want to let the epoxy on the drive roller pulley cure a bit longer before I start putting stress on it.


Then too, I need to make sure the bit won't get caught in the dress when traversing along the Y axis and going up and down on the Z axis whilst the vacuum is sucking away.


There is time for that tomorrow.  


Alan Chervitz is dropping in tomorrow to take a look at my setup.  Hopefully, it will be up and running by then with the pulley holding on via the new epoxy job.







No comments:

Post a Comment