Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Minor Setback

I just had to fool with it... Was checking the height accuracy across the width of the rollers.  It was .030 higher on one side.  While adjusting it, I must have put too much stress on the J-B Weld on the first roller.

Sure wish my polycarbonite pulleys would get here.  The nylon pulleys I got earlier are just not made for gluing.

This time I took Johns suggestion and bored holes all around the inside where the epoxy resides.  This should give it a little more strength.  This time, I am using the original blend, 24 hour cure stuff, ugggh.  Hate waiting for it to cure, but if ya gotta, ya gotta.  Just can't seem to take any shortcuts.

Oh well, what's another 24 hours... I know the method works, just need to get the right material in now.





No comments:

Post a Comment