Saturday, January 29, 2011

Updating the Phlatprinter Screenset and Auto Tool Change

I purchased the 2010 screenset for Mach 3 because it has some nice auto tool change features I want to use.


I have some stuff I did in Meshcam that requires a tool change for finish and pencil cuts and I want to be able to accurately zero the the axis reference after changing tools.  The 2010 screenset provides the ability to use home switches and a fixed plate and a moveable plate which are wired to the probe input of Mach 3.


The software routines then automatically move the gantry and recalculate the references by probing to the fixed and moveable plates.


I was disappointed to find that the Bosch Pony Laminate router does not have any place in which to electrically locate the bit.  The bit seems to be isolated from all of the metal components on the router so I will have to use a ground wire with an alligator clip to clip onto the bit once the spindle stops for an M6 command.


The tool change routines will do their thing and then before I continue cutting, I will remove the alligator clip and restart the spindle.



No comments:

Post a Comment