Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to Cutting Again

The JB-Weld Original Epoxy has finally cured.  Waiting 24 hours was a drag, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.


The Phlatprinter \\\ is back up and cutting foam once again.  Hopefully, the epoxy will take to the nylon this time and I won't need to replace the pulley with the polycarbinate.


As many times as I have had the drive rollers in and out, I think I could do it in my sleep now.  It is hardly more than a 5 minute job now.  This time my eyeball, "its about right" installation turned out to be within +- .009 across the width of the Y axis.


I took the vacuum dress off.  It is a bit too long and clumsy.  I may trim it down and try it again later, but I like being able to keep an eye on the bit to see if it is loading up, especially when doing foam where you can heat up the bit and melt the foam if the feed rate and spindle speed are not matched up.  With the pause feature, it is easy enough to interrupt the workflow and clear the bit if necessary, adjust the feed rate and resume where you left off.


I have a visitor coming by this morning to checkout the machine and talk CNC.  


Then later today, I might start cutting some Balsa for a wing I have been itching to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment